Formerly one of America’s leading media personalities, Brian Brown has authored several books and papers on electronic distance learning, as well as on computing. Dr. Brown is a prominent contributor to our nation’s conversation and has been featured in Forbes, TIME, USA Today, GQ, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times, as well as the subject of a cover story in Talker’s Magazine.
Dr. Brown proudly proclaims that he has been “Geeking for over 50 years!” and became interested in electronics, computing and broadcasting at the young age of 9 in 1961. Since then, he has has made many noteworthy accomplishments.
Some of Dr. Brown’s publications include:
- “Managing the E-mail Nightmare: A survival guide for executives,” Computer Bits Magazine. Vol 10, No 9, http://www.computerbits.com/archive/20000900/emailnightmare.htm, (September 14, 2000).
- Lifelong Learning on the Web: How do We Proceed in the New Millennium? International TEND 2000 conference, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (April 8-10, 2000).
- “The Theory of Hypertext”. WebNet Journal, Vol. 2, No. 1. p 46-51 (January – March 2000).
- Hardware Fundamentals v2.1 (1992 -2000). Available online at 7 universities throughout the world. Click here for the current list.
- Intellectual Property and Copyright: An institutional policy. Background paper and development of institutional policy for Central Institute of Technology, April 2000.
- “Designing WWW Courseware for the Masses,” Keynote Address: NACCQ 10th Annual Conference Proceedings (1997).
- “CUG309, A 6809 C Compiler,” C Users Journal (April 1990).
- “Programs for batch files,” Micro/Systems Journal, Mountainside New Jersey (October 1987).
- Numerous books and eBooks.
Internationally recognized for leading work in e-education, Dr. Brown was awarded the Global Bangemann challenge, a global competition, and collected the trophy from the King of Sweden in the Nobel Hall in Stockholm (1999). He was a Member of Symposium steering committee, International e-learning Symposium (2002) and a member of the international jury for the Global Youth Challenge, sponsored by the city of Rome (2000 and 2002).
Some of Dr. Brown’s other noteworthy accomplishments include:
- Governor’s Honor Guard, Boy Scout Troop 5/Explorer Post 5; Mackinac Island, Michigan (summers of 1967-1969).
- Eagle Scout, Troop 5, Southwestern Michigan Council, Boy Scouts of America, Benton Harbor, Michigan (1965-1969).
- Third place, National Forensics Competition, category: Extemporaneous Speaking (1969).
- Explorer Scout, Post 5, Southwestern Michigan Council, Boy Scouts of America, Benton Harbor, Michigan (1969-1971).
- Best of Breed (Bichon Frisé), Miscellaneous Class, American Kennel Club, Westminster Dog Show, New York City (1970).
- First Place, National Forensics Competition, category: Extemporaneous Speaking (1971).
- Top Ten Presidents, Michigan Jaycees (1978).
- Appointed Lifetime member, United States Jaycees’ Senator (1979).
- Winner. Global Bangemann Challenge: Lifelong learning on the World Wide Web (1999).
- Finalist. The TUANZ Advanced Education Award sponsored by Telstra Saturn (2000).
- Semi-Finalist, 2003 Staples® Invention Quest™ competition (February 12, 2004).
- Youngest person ever to obtain Federal Communications Commission Third Class Radio Telephone Operators’ license (1965).
- Youngest person ever to obtain First Class Radio Telephone Operators’ license (1967).
- Designed, programmed, and operated first retail pharmacy computer system, mainframe–host, (1969).
Dr. Brown was a broadcast pioneer having designed and built the first automated radio station when he was 10 years old (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WSJM-FM) and advances in quadraphonic radio audio (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWWW-FM).
Unafraid to voice his opinion on a variety of subjects, Dr. Brown uses a blend of quick wit and modern-day storytelling to bring home developments from the White House and beyond. Multiple perspectives are discussed during guest appearances and he will enthrall your audience with honest tales about his life. Brian has several thousand social media followers on separate accounts for his main website www.brianbrown.net and his blog at www.dailybrian.com. All followers are updated on Dr. Brown’s upcoming guest appearances.
For a complete media kit, please contact Brian by clicking here.
Professional representation by:
Optima Entertainment Group, LLC
Los Angeles CA